Monday, July 17, 2006

iLoveit

Well, this weekend I replaced my "archaic" Generation 4 IPod with a snazzy new Generation 5 Video IPod. I chose the black facing this time for a change of pace.


I really like the IPod product - versatile, convenient and just loads of entertainment/educational potential for my ~2 hours of public transit commute each day.

With more and more news and entertainment mediums adding video Podcasts this little device has become a cool way to pass the commuting time. I enjoy reading on my commute, but watching an interesting show or funny movie can pass the time at record clips. I won't be surprised if I ask the engineer to make another loop so I can finish watching my movie before heading into work :)

I wonder when Mr. Kyte will be Podcasting some material...

I'll be in Oracle training next week attending the Oracle Database 10g: Performance Tuning (Database) class. It should be a really good course. I'll be blogging some of the interesting takeaways from the class, so stay "tuned"!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OTN (including Tom Kyte) has been podcasting for over a year!: http://feeds.feedburner.com/OTN_TechCasts

7/20/2006 3:15 PM  
Blogger Eric S. Emrick said...

Excellent. Thanks for the information.

7/20/2006 7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please keep us posted on your experience with the 10g class. I have been too busy with work to do any teaching in the new 10g material but did teach the 9i version of that class a couple of times.

I really did not think that the 9i class was very useful to people with any significant relevant experience. Hoping but not expecting that this has changed for 10.

Oracle has scrapped much of the material in the 10 Administration 1 and 2 classes. Some of the chapters and units are so short that it is just unbelievable.

My impression is that they did not intend to do a 10 performance and tuning class but were pressured by the people who had taken the 1 and 2 classes and felt that there was not enough in those classes related to the area.

Anyways please keep us posted with what your class was like and what you thought of the material

7/23/2006 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home