Thursday, June 22, 2006

10,000 Visits and Counting

Well, today my blog registered its 10,000th visit. While that is probably an average couple of days for Tom Kyte and a few others, I am kind of proud of my meager slice of the Oracle blogging pie. Of course, I get oodles of traffic from Google. But, that's not too bad is it?

Seriously, it has been a fun 4+ months of blogging. I haven't been able to blog as much as I would have liked over the past 2 months. The fact that I still desire to blog is a good sign though. Time and other constraints in life always crop up. Anyway, it has been really fun and I hope some of you have enjoyed your visits. I have received some very interesting emails and questions from Oracle enthusiasts all over the world.

I want to send one special thanks out to Tom Kyte for recommending I start a blog (and placing me on his metablog even though I stole the naming style of his blog) and another to Doug Burns who featured my blog on his site several months back, giving my traffic a jump start.

Actually, Tom, my first choice for a blog name was The Emusing Blog :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Eric S. Emrick said...

Come on Doug. You don't like E for Eric, musing, well, for uh, musing? And the other side of that double entendre coin, Emusing sounds like amusing, of which I sometimes TRY to be :) Yeah, I am glad I stuck with my Tom Kyte naming rip-off.

6/23/2006 7:34 AM  
Blogger Eric S. Emrick said...

doug burns said...

It's clever, but not quite sure that's the same as funny ;-)



Eric S. Emrick said...

Touche :)

6/23/2006 11:30 PM  
Blogger Robert Vollman said...

I remember when I hit my 10,000 mark.

http://thinkoracle.blogspot.com/2005/11/10000.html

That was November 9th, 2005. It is now June 29th, 2006 and I'm way over 60,000.

So get ready! Word gets out. The floodgates are opening!

6/29/2006 3:56 PM  
Blogger Eric S. Emrick said...

Hey Robert. I don't know if I will hit 60,000 visits anytime soon. Unless, of course, Tom Kyte features my blog on every one of his posts. Hey, that's not a bad idea. Tom, can you help me get to 60,000 visits by next week? :)


Side note: The word verification for this post was "qukky"...the irony.

6/29/2006 7:21 PM  
Blogger daspeac said...

I believe you have also heard about the way of repair corrupted mdb files

12/06/2010 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home